Hiya, everybody. My identify is Maggie Heiskell, and I’m the Boundless summer season intern! I’m from Atlanta, Ga., which is about 22 hours away from Colorado Springs. This fall I’ll be a senior at Berry Faculty; my main is Communications and Public Relations. I’ve lived within the South my entire life, so transferring west is a very new expertise for me, however one which I’ve all the time wished.
My mother and pop met out West, although they have been each raised in Georgia. Ever since I used to be little, my mother praised the West (particularly Montana), raving about its magnificence and the experiences she had there. Shifting west for a summer season throughout faculty is one thing I had all the time dreamed of, so throughout winter break of 2020 I started looking for internships.
After being quite unsuccessful in my search, I remembered that Deal with the Household was based mostly in Colorado Springs (thanks, Adventures in Odyssey!). I checked to see if that they had any obtainable internships, and voila! — that they had a number of. I utilized to the Boundless internship as a result of I’ve expertise managing social media accounts for companies and wished to make use of the expertise and coaching I had obtained to serve the Lord and equip younger adults to turn into extra like Christ.
By the grace of God, I obtained the internship a number of days after my interview, and packed up my stuff and drove throughout the nation a couple of week in the past. Dwelling so far-off from house and the whole lot that’s acquainted has been troublesome, however everybody at Deal with the Household has been so welcoming, and it’s actually a delight and a privilege to be right here. Deal with the Household stands agency on so many biblical ideas within the face of opposition, and I’m honored to be part of an organization that advocates boldly for the gospel. I can not wait to assist create content material that may level to Christ and equip individuals to make godly selections.
However for now, listed below are some issues about me:
- Crucial factor you must find out about me is that I really like the Lord. I started a relationship with Him at a younger age and am insanely grateful that He has given me grace in change for my brokenness and forgives me once I fail time and time once more.
- I really like intentional conversations, particularly people who occur when holding a heat cup of espresso or mountain climbing within the woods
- In my free time, I really like hanging out with my pals, portray, studying, or taking part in the guitar (and by taking part in, I imply practising — I’m very slowly studying)
- I’m the oldest of 5 and have 4 youthful brothers. They’re loud and humorous and chaotic, and I really like them very a lot.
- For all you Enneagram people, I’m a 1 wing 9 — which principally means I actually like planning and order, and selections scare me. However I additionally like to have enjoyable and be spontaneous with pals!
- I completely love being outdoors. Climbing, throwing the frisbee, taking part in soccer, and so forth. are all issues I take pleasure in doing.
- Mountains are a few of my favourite issues. Shifting to Colorado Springs has been one of the best ever as a result of I can just about see mountains 24/7.
I can not wait to get to know you all this summer season and develop collectively! I’ll attempt to be as genuine and trustworthy as I can, and I’ll pray that the Lord will use any phrases I write, podcasts I take part in, and posts I design to level others again to Him. Thanks for becoming a member of me on this journey!
Copyright 2021 Deal with the Household. All rights reserved.